Please find more information on the cookies here
– from Dísz tér to Buda Castle,
– from the Danube bank from Clark Ádám tér (also with Funicular Railway)
[Due to the process of utility network modernization from Clark Ádám tér it is possible to get to Castle level with Funicular Railway or by Bus 16 in direction of Dísz tér.]
– through the Castle Garden (Várkert Bazár)
[From 15 August 2022 to 22 August it is not possible to get to the Hungarian National Gallery through the Castle Garden.]
– taking the Palace lift from Palota út (at Dózsa György tér) up to Castle level
From the city by public transportation
Due to the closure of the Chain Bridge bus 16 runs on a shortened route on Széll Kálmán tér-Várnegyed-Clark Ádám tér-Széll Kálmán tér.
From Deák Ferenc tér (Pest): Bus 105, alight at Várkert Bazár (Castle Garden Bazaar), walk or use the Lift through Castle Garden Bazaar.
From Ferenciek tere: Bus 5 / 178, alight at Dózsa György tér, walk up on the stairs until the foot of the Castle wall to the Lift
From Széll Kálmán tér (Várfok utca): Bus 16 / 16A / 116 in direction of Dísz tér
From Móricz Zsigmond tér / Gellért tér: Tram 56, alight at Dózsa György tér, walk up on the stairs until the foot of the Castle wall and take the Lift
Entrances of the Gallery:
Building B – staff entrance
Building C – main entrance to the permanent and temporary exhibitions
For disabled visitors
Level access: at Building B (staff entrance), on the right of the arcade on a ramp. From here our attendants is going to show the way to the exhibition area.
– public transport: by Bus 16 leaving from Széll Kálmán tér (Várfok utca) until the stop Palota út, here the elevator entrance can be accessed on a ramp.
– car or taxi: in exceptional cases, through the Secretariat of the Deputy General Director (firstname.lastname@example.org), by registrating with the license plate number, specifying the purpose and expected time of arrival. Permission to enter the Hunyadi Courtyard for our entrance “B” (where waiting is permitted for a limited time) can be required from Várkapitányság Nonprofit Zrt.
Wheelchairs are available for free during your visit at the Gallery. Please, ask the assistance of our colleagues.